QuickBooks is a well-known accounting software which makes daily tasks quite easy & efficient. It is being increasingly adopted by small and medium-size organizations for their daily tasks. Its well-developed features make it possible for a non-accounting person also to understand and use it efficiently.
Cash management, inventory management, payroll management, project accounting, etc are some of its features. However, occasionally some errors might crop up considering it is a software. For any kind of support regarding any error, you can contact QuickBooks- Expert.Us on the toll free number- 1800-272-4167
Let’s talk about one such error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6129?
It is a database connection verification failure. If the following occur while working on QuickBooks, it is Error 6129:
- Message of ‘Error 6129 0’ comes and the active program window crashes.
- When you are running a similar program, the computer oftentimes crashes with the error 6129 0 warning.
- Quickbooks Pro Error Code 6129 0 is shown on the screen.
- Windows runs v.slowly and mouse or keyboard inputs are equally sluggish.
- Freezing of the computer sporadically for a few seconds every time.
Error 6129 can occur:
- During program installation, when QuickBooks is running
- During starting or shutting down Windows
- While installing of the Windows operating system.
It is important to know exactly where and when the error occured because while troubleshooting QuickBooks 6129 error, this info will be important. Therefore, keep a note of it.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6129
If you are creating or opening a company file, and you are getting the error 6129 which means database connection verification failure- It can be due to many reasons as following:
- If there is an incomplete installation or a corrupt download of QuickBooks Pro software.
- If from a recent QuickBooks Pro software change like installation or uninstallation, there is corruption in Windows registry.
- Malware or virus infection which has led to Windows system files or QuickBooks Pro program files getting corrupted.
- Third party anti-virus
- Server and client machines not on the same domain
- Damaged Network Data file (.nd)
- Using a non-Windows Administrator profile to upgrade a company file to a new version of QuickBooks.
In case of creating a new company file:
- On the Easy Step Interview window, choose Leave.
- When you are asked to save the file, click Yes.
- Try entering a different file name and click on Save.
- Try changing the file location if changing the file name doesn’t work.
While opening or upgrading your company file:
Before following the other methods, it is important to first check if the issue is file-specific or not. For that, open a sample company. If the problem is with all company files, then choose solution 2. Logging in as Windows Administrator is important before following these solutions.
Solution 1: Rename the .ND file
- Look where your company file is saved and open that folder.
- Look for the corresponding .ND file of your company file.
For eg: YourCompanyFileName.qbw.nd
- Right click the .ND file and Rename it.
- Add .OLD and click Enter.
For eg: YourCompanyFileName.qbw.nd.OLD
- If the company file is being used on multiple computers, you have to set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If the usage of QuickBooks is only in one computer, open the company file.
Solution 2: You have to copy the company file to a different location
- Make a new folder
- Check and open the folder location where the company file is saved.
- Copy your QuickBooks company file (.qbw)
While copying the .QBW file, re-check you are not copying other files such as .ND and .TLG
- Paste the .QBW file in the folder.
- If QuickBooks is being used in multiple computers, setting up of folder permissions is required. Add the new folder in QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If the usage of QuickBooks is limited to one computer, open the company file now.
Solution 3: Start the PC in Safe mode
The possibility of a third party application not letting QuickBooks from running is not there anymore when you start your computer in Safe Mode. Also, try to temporarily disable your third party security programs. Experts can help you in this regard so it is best to contact them.
Solution 4: Check if all computers are on the same domain
A kind of computer network maintained by a computer professional is called a domain. Take help from technical experts.
If the problem still persists, you can get customer support for error 6129 from the excellent team of technical advisors at QuickBooks-Expert.Us
QuickBooks Customer Support – Call 1800-272-4167
While using QuickBooks, you may come across errors that are technical in nature or you might need expert help to resolve the problems. The skilled & professional team at QuickBooks-Expert.US will surely guide you properly due to their vast knowledge base. We are available 24*7. Sign up with us or call on QuickBooks toll free number 1800-272-4167.
Get our help for
quickbooks support USA quickbooks USA quickbooks online USA intuit USA quickbooks online USA login quickbooks online login USA qbo USA intuit USA login quickbooks login USA intuit tax USA intuit USA contact Quickbooks pro tech support number USA intuit turbotax USA qb online USA QuickBooks POS support quickbooks USA login quickbooks USA support quick books USA intuit quickbooks USA quickbooks USA online quickbooks payroll support USA quickbooks enterprise support USA intuit USA support TurboTax 800 Phone number 1 800 number for TurboTax Turbotax help line Turbotax support USA Turbotax USA phone number